Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WTF!? Why SHOULD it be any different?


Sometimes I frustrate the hell out of me. My optomism/pessimism meter fluctuates like a bipolar metronome. AUGH!!!!

My last post was this namby-pamby little "ain't life grand" solo. And I believed it and I still do...in theory.

But here I am (the day before the first day back to work after my summer holidays) all worried, paranoid and sad. ...WTF?

Why can't I just grow up?
Why the hell should my workplace be full of people with *nice* personalities like the Brady family members?

Tommorrow I go back and I see these people instead:
1.asinine backstabber with influence in high places
2.steel-rod-up-the-butt politically-correct self-promoter
3.lilly livered administrator
4.nasty spirited gossiper who secretly gives gifts to the bosses
5.narcissistic & perverted cleavage chaser
6.thief & sneek-arounder
7.the liar boss
8.the nice-to-you one minute / rip-your-throat-out the next minute boss

But, you know, for all these f*cked up people at work there are many wonderful people who are a pleasure to be around too. So back to my initial question: Why do I expect anything different from the above line-up of 8 Jackasses?

As my wise old retired Uncle Arnold once said: "Oh, so you have problems with people during the day? Hmmm, it must mean you're working"

I blame my pollyanna expectations on how we culturally raise children.

We are constantly telling them to "get along" and to "make nice" We are all continuously instructed to strive for the unattainable - harmony.

Maybe I'm too damn observant, or maybe things just hurt more deeply than they should, or maybe my memory is too long.

I have to forgive. See the beauty in every one of them not just the ones who are kind to me. Yeah thats it. I can try.

And Lord, won't you please send an Angel to soothe my heart tonight, and allow me to sleep because I think that buried inside all the sarcastic accusations about those Jackasses at work is a childlike fear that they will hurt me.

I guess I'm tired of being afraid.
Amen and Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

Ya, I know what you mean...When I was a kid, every Sunday nite, I'd be in near panic thinking about the people in my life the next day.

It's never really gone away - even tho I like the people I work with now. (but, haha, I can still pretty much count on being pissed off about something daily!)

I have a file in my brain - the I & A file. (idiots & assholes) All those 1-8 people you listed - I'd put them in and leave them there. To heck with seeing the beauty and forgiving!

It works! Happy Monday - or rather Tuesday!

6:28 AM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

It really is hard for a group of people to get along alot of times since we are all different. I know too when I was working there would be so many nights I was so upset and would cry and not want to go back to the sos but not trying to be polyanna but I have found sometimes if I was nice it helped the other person at times but at least if i faked it till i made it it would help my day be somewhat better knowing that I am a kind person and I know that and try to hang on to that.hope that your week went well will be eager to hear how it goes.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home