Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a month

I've been spending a lot of time living authentically. What? I said I've been spending a lot...yeah, yeah yeah.... What I mean is that I have, at forty sumthin' years of age, been rediscovering who I am - sounds flaky eh? I know, I know, but its not flaky, its wonderful.

I have grown-up, I am no longer looking to the approval of a partner for confirmation that what I just said or did was "ok". I can make decisions about little things like how to juggle visits with 5 friends and loved ones over the course of 2 days along with helping an elderly parent out with household tasks and also with maintaining correspondance with the man I love. I can do it all! And I can do a lot more too.

Actually, I always could run my own life, I just didn't know it.

I make mistakes too, always did, but I forgive myself now, and I have a real belief that my family (and that "man" I speak of) love me no matter what, and that they don't judge me based on mistakes.

I love my life. Thank you God.

1 Comments:

Blogger lori said...

Wow. Good place!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home