Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OK GOD, WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!????!!!!


Alright, I am NOT going into this prayer with the right attitude, am I?

But I really, really need a *sign*. I desperately need you to shout into my ear, erect a billboard. Something - anything LORD.

Ok, so I am free of the day-to-day with my oppressive, atheistic, abusive husband (never free entirely as we share children) but although it has been over 2 years, I still have not found a church, I still do not pray regularly with my children - only sporadically. And I have had illness after illness or so it seems to me. I have gained mucho weight, sometimes either indulge the kids too much or scold them too quickly, and generally feel pretty crappy about myself.

I think that I am "pouting" symbolically, and I don't like that thats how I am dealing with life - for I truly believe that life is a gift to be cherished.

In my perfect image of me: Ha ha,
I am svelte: (ie) takin' care of the temple. yeah!
I belong to a church or at least a homestudy sort of church group.
And I am a better mother and employee (more professional) than ever before.

Yeah,... I suppose that '08 will be a time to take stock, congratulate myself where warranted, and buck-it-up where needed too.

So until then, I think I'll do my 20min cardio/day, indulge in brandy-beans occasionally, and call my best girlfriend for support. God will do the rest right?

Yet, I still despair. I want to hear His voice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for your comment tonight. I hear you about this. I wish God would speak to me and show me the way. I called myself an atheist for a long time, but have been showing signs of believing these days. Do have a Merry Christmas and know that you are not alone. I have bookmarked you and will read from now on and that is something I can garuntee you!

3:19 PM  
Blogger mosiacmind said...

I came across your blog from reading andrew's blog. I enjoyed reading it and will most likely check it out again. I have lots to say about God...tonight I am so tired to write much and also want to make sure it is alright if I comment some about God since we do not really know each other..I know God and love God....as He loves you and all of us humans. It can be very hard when we feel like we cannot hear Him

4:26 PM  
Blogger 2sunset said...

Wow, yes.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God speaks, just not in the way you're looking to hear. Unfortunately, I have only realized it looking back and can never seem to hear it in the moment. All things in time, his not yours. When you are ready it will come. I often feel the same things you are. That I should live in the moment and enjoy life more. Be a better mother, wife, friend.

5:05 PM  
Blogger 2sunset said...

Hello justlacey,
I tried to go to your blog to answer you but I can't due to your settings. Can you help?, I love to dialogue with like-minded people.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home